The Light in My Window

The Light in My Window

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

From My Heart and Home To Yours

What is the significance of "the light in my window"?  I'll begin by telling you a little about myself. I am first and foremost a follower of Jesus Christ, having committed my life to Christ at a very young age. I am also married to a pastor. We are celebrating our 39th wedding anniversary next month, but we have only been in the ministry for the last 19 years - my husband was a businessman for the first 15 years of our marriage, so I did not marry a pastor! I have been a pastor's wife long enough now to have had lots of experiences and yet still feel like I have a long way to go! My greatest desire is to help my husband fulfill his calling and to be used of God in the lives of girls and women of all ages. As one of the "older women" (Titus 2), it is my responsibility as well as my joy to teach younger women and girls what it means to be a godly woman. It has to begin in my own life, through the precious time I spend with God and His Word. So this blog will sometimes - probably often - be for the purpose of sharing what the Lord is doing in my life, in the hope of encouraging others.

Another passion of mine is family. Besides my wonderful husband, I have three grown and married children, and seven grandchildren, all under the age of 6! "Controlled chaos" comes to mind! How I cherish the times that we are able to spend with them! The family that God has given us is my greatest blessing, and you can be sure that there will be plenty of pictures and grandchildren stories!

I also have a heart for home - I am happiest when I am at home! I love to spend time in my kitchen cooking and baking, and I love to create, decorate, organize, entertain, and even clean! So I am looking forward to sharing recipes, and decorating and entertaining ideas that I enjoy and can pass along. Sometimes I might have an organizing or shopping tip that I have learned. Other "loves" are my morning coffee (dark roast and black!), music, good books, and scrapbooking and card-making.

So the "light in my window" means that I will be giving you a close-up peek into the window of my home...and an insight into the light of my life, which is having a close and personal relationship with my God.

Til next time,
Kathi




No comments:

Post a Comment